Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pay it Forward

Pay it forward. It reminds me of the saying my mom would say to me frequently as a child "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  Except the uniqueness of paying it forward is that it includes a third party with the intent of having a domino like effect. I thought it was a new movement but found out its been around since well before Christ, literally.
I received the most unique Christmas card in the mail this season centered around "paying it forward."


The cuties in the photo are my favorite and the idea is rather clever (when the card is flipped over it says "..and pay it forward") It is an actual ten dollar debit card. I plan to donate it the the American Red Cross.
It's similar to what my sister did at her wedding. Her and her hubby donated money to St Judes Children's Hospital for each guest. Who likes wedding party favors anyway? I rather have the bride and groom pay it forward.

1 comment: